I got to say homemade banana bread is amazing. I have been obsessed with this recipe for a few weeks now.
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan (I use the disposable metal ones) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the stick of butter to a large bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted. If you can believe it… I don’t have a microwave so I improvise with a pot of hot water. BE CAREFUL the bowl is hot 🔥!
- Add the bananas to the same bowl and mash with a fork. I used a mixer attachment and it mashed perfectly.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg to the bowl and use the same fork to mash and stir until no yellow streaks of egg remain.
- In a second large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula just until combined.
- I also add copped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pans and bake for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
I usually check them about 35mins in and put tinfoil on top if they need a few mins more.
I top my pieces off with apple butter and my hubby likes crunchy peanut butter.